Thursday, August 22, 2013

Blinded

Well thank God the blinds I ordered last week came in yesterday. I had my husband pick up some semi-gloss white paint with mildewcide in it so I could repaint the window sills. Gross, I know, but we live in a mobile home on a creek and this year has been HORRIBLE for us for rain, so in all honesty the moisture is creating a mildewy problem in the corners of all the windows of the house. I figured the new paint would prevent any more of this happening and protect my blinds. We'll see.

I finished 5 out of the 10 windows in the house as far as putting the blinds up goes. My husband isn't really interested in the inside the house improvements as much as he does outside I guess. I don't have a problem with that, he does help if it's something I just can't do or lift though. For the most part, I'm just glad he stays out of my way, hehe. Anyway, the new blinds look fantastic and I only had a few mishaps, from spilling a full cup of paint on my granite island top to having two of the sets of blinds (so far) not fit properly in the window. However, everything was made right when my husband walked in the house and said "Mh......looks good." Yep, that's his form of a complement. I'll take it.

So, now that half the blinds are done, meaning all of them in the rooms guests would be in, I can kind of chill until I get to the other rooms. They aren't cleaned out yet and to be completely honest, I'm a little afraid to hang the nice 2" faux wood blinds up in my toddler's room. I don't know, I just feel like she's going to spill drinks on them (not sure how that happens with a sippy cup but it does!) or try to climb them like a cat. I don't know. My child is a typical two-year-old I suppose.

Feeling tired lately, but have the pregnancy insomnia like crazy. Literally I was up until 3am the other day and got back up at 9am. *sigh* I'm up again and it's midnight.

Well, on with that, I had a checkup last Monday. The doctor said the baby is doing well and I am right on track with everything. He was concerned with my 6lbs weight loss this past month because this is the time of the biggest growth in the baby. I sheepishly explained I had gone vegan and was eating better and he completely understood and supported my decision. I was honestly shocked, I have heard so many doctors downing women for their decisions to be vegan, especially during pregnancy, that I was bracing myself for the beratement and prepared to also ignore it. I also told him truthfully that during the first trimester I was very nauseated with morning sickness and the only thing I could keep down was starchy carby foods that of course have little to no nutritional value (think bagged mashed potato flakes, mac n cheese, cheddar broccoli packaged rice mix).

With how little I was able to actually eat I was surprised I gained any weight at all. Unfortunately, the weight gain was significant so in an attempt to squelch that gain, I have started to eat better along with the other reasons I have given previously for going vegan. As much as I possibly can anyways. Tonight my husband decided he was going to grill a whole pack of hot dogs and another package of beer brats. He was so disappointed when I whipped out my veggie dogs from the freezer, no idea why he thought I was going to stuff myself with meat. Silly boy.

So on a serious note. Karma. As a subject I don't believe my religion covers that, we are only taught to turn the other cheek and that God states "vengeance is mine." However, it's extremely hard to do that when someone hurts you to the pure core of your soul. I am only human. I bring this up because of a recent incident in my husband's family. There is a family member on his side, married in not blood, that I do not and have never gotten along with. I am a laid back person and consider myself pretty easy going as long as you don't lie to me or try to cheat me. This person has done both. Repeatedly. I have asked a psychologist about this person's behavior and was told that it seems to be a narcissistic personality with sociopathic tendencies. Nothing I am willing to put up with or even remotely willing to expose my children to when I don't have to. This person is NOT blood family and my own husband can't stand the person.

However, after repeatedly hurting me and my husband, the person decided to move to another state with my husband's blood family member. Since they have been gone, the person has had numerous bad visits to the doctor and is now required to make routine visits to a major medical clinic in a large town several hours away. Recently, the person had to undergo surgery and was required to stay at the medical clinic. Upon returning home, they were rushed back to the medical clinic less than 24 hours later via ambulance. At first, I felt a sick sense of cynicism, one of those 'You get what you deserve' with a smug smile things. But I realized that is not the Christian thing to do. I shouldn't revel in the fact that someone I dislike suffers, even if it's exactly what they do to me. Instead, I should only silently pray and ask for comfort in the person's hard time. It's hard for me to pray for something I don't really want to ask for on the other person's behalf, but I know it is a character building experience that God has set in front of me. As hard as it may be to understand.

Alright, well that's been my last few days in a nutshell. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and happy eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment