Thursday, August 15, 2013

Short and Sweet

Today was actually pretty boring. Much more of a rest day than anything else. I will blame that on the fact that my entire body aches from the painting day yesterday. My legs, my back, my ligaments in my belly and hips. *sigh* So most of my day was spent lounging on the couch and chair, playing on facebook.

I did however get the fountain pump in the mail for the water fountain my grandmother gave me. By gave I mean I bummed it off of her because it had been sitting on her side table, not running and full of dust, for about 3 years now. She told me she wasn't sure if it worked, and by the looks of the crusty lime scale left in the bottom of the water reservoir I would have to say that the reason it did not work was because someone did not continue to fill it with water when it splashed out and evaporated.

I got the pump attached, filled the reservoir with water, and plugged it in. Yep, worked good. Maybe too well, because it shot water up about an inch over the globe and splashed a lot of the water out onto the countertop where I was testing it. I disassembled it and turned the pump down to low which worked fabulously. Having nowhere in the kitchen/living room/dining room to put it, I decided it would look good on my jewelry armoire in our bedroom. I plugged it in but realized after about an hour that it was still splashing pretty good and making a mess all over the cabinet. I wound up unplugging it and I guess I'll have to take it apart tomorrow to see if there's anything else I can do to turn it down lower.

That was my accomplishment for the day. I had intentions of cleaning off the countertop in the kitchen and putting more stuff in the yard sale pile, but that didn't happen. Oh, I also did email a local company here, Allgood's Furniture, about repairing an antique stained glass window pane and frame my husband found for me on one of his jobsites. I haven't had the heart to get rid of it, and even though it's pretty sad looking and broken, I still see beauty in it. Hopefully their quote to repair it won't cost me an arm and a leg because I really think it would look beautiful in the new dining room.

Well that's all for now. Have a good evening everyone and happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment