Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Date Night!

So, before it gets impossibly late I guess I need to post! It took me a while tonight to get done with the bookkeeping work for my husband and I's business. I am not a procrastinator usually, enrolling in college and going to class broke me of that. However, after the BP claims paperwork I literally CRY when I have to see that office with the dreaded accounting software. I used to enjoy doing the books for our business until the know-nothing attorneys stuck their noses in my books that they had no idea about and tried to give advice in a field they obviously had no experience in. THAT is a sore spot for me, so I won't go there. Anyway, the taxes are done. For 2012. Yeah, well. Hey I filed an extension, lol.

Well, I posted on facebook earlier (aka-crackbook) that I needed to take a trip to the grocery store, but I dreaded going with the toddler. She's hard to keep entertained occasionally, and it's hard to focus on what I need when she's fussing and irritable. My mother volunteered to take her for the day and possibly the night, so I dropped her off and took my sweet time at the store. When I got home, husband and I partook in some fast food; I had a yummy veggie burger and the husband had some sort of giant disgusting BBQ sauce slathered cheeseburger. I started working on the bookkeeping and before I knew it, 4 hours had passed.

Mom called to confirm she would be taking the tiny terror for the night, so my husband asked if I wanted to go 'get some food.' How romantic. Should I wear my good flip flops? (sarcasm) We wound up going to a place here called Kobe Seafood and Steakhouse. Not sure how it got it's name, sounds like a big buffet, but it's actually a hibachi grill/sushi bar. I couldn't help myself when it came to the sushi, the Superwoman that I am-that is my kryptonite. We ate lobster rolls, Philly rolls, eel, and Cajun rolls. Yummy! No land meat though. I had (or at least attempted) a veggie lovers hibachi plate and it was amazing. It was just as good if not better I assume than my husband's spicy steak and veggies. The banana they crisp on the grill at the end I think may be just for looks, because when I tried it, it tasted like burnt cooking oil. Ew.

We thought we might go catch the movie "We're the Millers" but it was an hour wait. I thought we might go walk around Lowe's instead but my husband completely bypassed it and headed home. The sake must have been getting to him because when we got home, he went straight to bed. Well, so much for 'date night.' I went back to working on the books and just finished about 45 min ago. *sigh* The interesting life of a stay at home mom that has a hard time managing her time when the ball of energy is bouncing off the wall and the tiny ball in my belly is following her lead. Love my life and wouldn't trade it for a thing!

No recipes or cooking today, sorry all! Did stock up on some fabulous produce today though. Thinking this weekend I may actually attempt to do some turkey cutlet seitan! I'll let you all know how it goes! Until then, happy eating :)

No comments:

Post a Comment